Tan’an Teahouse Spring Tea Gathering, March 23 and 24, 2019
This tea gathering will feature beautiful antique tea utensils from the Hiromi family, who have donated over a thousand works to the museum's collection. Come enjoy a bowl of tea and a tea sweet in the museum’s historic teahouse Tan'an.
- Omuro Mizue (Omotesenke)
- Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24, 2019
1st seating 9:45–10:15
2nd seating 10:20–10:50
3rd seating 10:55–11:25
4th seating 11:30–12:00
5th seating 12:30–13:00
6th seating 13:05–13:35
7th seating 13:40–14:10
8th seating 14:15–14:45
9th seating 14:50–15:20
- Kyoto National Museum Tan’an Teahouse (East Garden)
- 15 people per seating
- 800 yen (includes matcha green tea and a handmade tea sweet, but does not include museum admission*.)
*Adult admission reduced to the special rate of 100 yen.
*Free admission for university students and younger, seniors over the age of 70, visitors with disabilities and one attendant, and Campus Members including faculty. Please show I.D.
- How to register:
- We request that you register in advance to guarantee admission. Please call the Kyoto National Museum Department of Programs at 075-531-7504 (weekdays 10:00 am–12:00 pm and 1:00 pm–5:00 pm) or send an email to jigyo2*kyohaku.go.jp(replace "*" to "@") with the following information: 1) name, 2) name of event, 3) date and seating you would like to attend, 4) number of people, 5) group representative (if applicable), 6) daytime phone number.
- How to pay:
- Pay at the entrance to the Tan'an Teahouse.
- Kindly contact the museum by the day before if you need to cancel.
- Same-day Tickets:
- If there are spaces available, same day tickets may be purchased on site at the Tan'an Teahouse.
- You are welcome to take photos outside, but we kindly ask you to refrain from taking photographs inside the Tan'an Teahouse.
- This event will take place while the museum galleries are CLOSED for re-installation.
Enjoy a bowl of tea while gazing over the spring garden.
Updated：February 8, 2019