Tan’an Teahouse Spring Tea Gathering, March 23 and 24, 2019
The event has ended. Thank you for your interest.
This tea gathering will feature beautiful antique tea utensils from the Hiromi family, who have donated over a thousand works to the museum's collection. Come enjoy a bowl of tea and a tea sweet in the museum’s historic teahouse Tan'an.
- Omuro Mizue (Omotesenke)
- Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24, 2019
1st seating 9:45–10:15
2nd seating 10:20–10:50
3rd seating 10:55–11:25
4th seating 11:30–12:00
5th seating 12:30–13:00
6th seating 13:05–13:35
7th seating 13:40–14:10
8th seating 14:15–14:45
9th seating 14:50–15:20
A few spots remain for seatings on both days.
- Kyoto National Museum Tan’an Teahouse (East Garden)
- 15 people per seating
- 800 yen (includes matcha green tea and a handmade tea sweet, but does not include museum admission*.)
*Adult admission reduced to the special rate of 100 yen.
*Free admission for university students and younger, seniors over the age of 70, visitors with disabilities and one attendant, and Campus Members including faculty. Please show I.D.
- How to register:
- We request that you register in advance to guarantee admission. Please call the Kyoto National Museum Department of Programs at 075-531-7504 (weekdays 10:00 am–12:00 pm and 1:00 pm–5:00 pm) or send an email to jigyo2*kyohaku.go.jp(replace "*" to "@") with the following information: 1) name, 2) name of event, 3) date and seating you would like to attend, in addition to your several other choices of seating, 4) number of people, 5) group representative (if applicable), 6) daytime phone number.
- How to pay:
- Pay at the entrance to the Tan'an Teahouse.
- Kindly contact the museum by the day before if you need to cancel.
- Same-day Tickets:
- If there are spaces available, same day tickets may be purchased on site at the Tan'an Teahouse.
- You are welcome to take photos outside, but we kindly ask you to refrain from taking photographs inside the Tan'an Teahouse.
- This event will take place while the museum galleries are CLOSED for re-installation.
Enjoy a bowl of tea while gazing over the spring garden.
Updated：February 8, 2019