Ceramics Fair at the Kyoto National Museum, March 21–24, 2019
The Higashiyama (Eastern Hills) area around the museum has long been a flourishing center of pottery production. At the inaugural Ceramics Fair, potters from the Higashiyama area will open shop in the museum's gardens. For the entire length of the event, visitors will enjoy a special rate of admission to the gardens and their outdoor exhibits. Stop by the museum to browse or to purchase some special Kyoto ceramics that you are sure to treasure
- Ceramics Fair
- Thursday, March 21 to Sunday, March 24, 2019
9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Around the water fountain in the Kyoto National Museum central garden
- Free with museum admission*
*Adult admission reduced to the special rate of 100 yen.
*Free admission for university students and younger, seniors over the age of 70, visitors with disabilities and one attendant, and Campus Members including faculty. Please show I.D.
- Kyoto-Sennyuji Ceramicware Youth Association (and others)
- Ceramic Fair Organizing Committee
- Kyoto National Museum
- Kindly note that this event will take place while the museum galleries are CLOSED for re-installation.
Updated：February 8, 2019