Announcement of Museum Reopening, May 12, 2021–
The museum will reopen from May 12 (Wednesday), 2021, following a temporary closure from April 25 (Sunday) to May 11 (Tuesday) in accordance with government directives. The museum will continue to follow protocols to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Priest Gyōnen 700th Memorial Special Exhibition: The Buddhist Legacy of Jianzhen (Ganjin) and His Successors will be open through May 16 (Sunday), 2021. <9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; closed Mondays>
- Advanced reservations are not needed.
- The exhibition will not be extended beyond May 16.
- For those who have already purchased tickets, they will still be usable. Refunds will be available for any unused tickets (please be aware of the deadline for refunds). For details, see the Special Exhibition Official Website (in Japnese). Please note that ticket refunds cannot be made at the South Gate ticket booth.
- The galleries will be closed according to schedule from May 18 (Tuesday) to June 4 (Friday), 2021. Only the museum gardens will be open during this time. (9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; free Admission; closed Mondays)
Free Admission to Museum Gardens and Outdoor Exhibits
- Further changes to the museum schedule may be announced if necessary. Please refer to this museum website and the museum's official Twitter account for the latest information and updates prior to visiting the museum.
- When visiting the museum, please observe the following safety guidelines to assist in preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
Requests to Visitors to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Infection
Museum Shop, Café, and Restaurant
- The Benrido Museum Shop and Maeda Coffee Café will be open from May 12, 2021.
- The Muses Restaurant will be open from May 12 to 16, 2021.
Updated：May 11, 2021