New Year's Gagaku Concert, January 9, 2022
This event has concluded. Thank you for attending.
Join us to celebrate the New Year with a performance of traditional Japanese court music presented with commentary in Japanese.
- Date and time:
- Sunday, January 9, 2022
- Session 1: 11:00 a.m. (doors open at 10:30 a.m.)
- Session 2: 2:00 p.m. (doors open at 1:30 p.m.)
- * Two performances of the same program. Each lasts approx. 40 minutes.
* Theater to be emptied between performances
- Hyōjō Netori, Etenraku, Kashin, Bairo, Keitoku
- Program Commentary (in Japanese) :
- Ue Akihiko (Former Chief Conductor, Music Department of the Board of Ceremonies, Imperial Household Agency)
- Performed by:
- Kyoto Shichiku-kai (String and Bamboo Society)
- Heisei Chishinkan Lecture Theater, Kyoto National Museum
- 100 people per performance
* Non-reserved seating
- How to attend:
- Numbered tickets will be distributed for each performance in the museum lobby on the 1st floor of the Heisei Chishinkan starting at 10 a.m. on the day of the performance.
* One ticket per person. Distribution will end as soon as capacity is reached.
- Participation fee:
* Visitors must pay for museum admission on the day of the performances.
- Please refrain from filming or photographing the performance.
Updated：November 26, 2021