527 Chaya-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan 605-0931
Via JR or Subway
- Get off at Kyoto Station. From bus platform D2 in front of the station, take City Bus #206 or #208 to "Hakubutsukan Sanjusangendo-mae" bus stop.
Via Keihan Railway
- Get off at Shichijo Station. Walk east along Shichijo Street about seven minutes.
Via Hankyu Railway
- Get off at Kyoto-Kawaramachi Station. Walk east over the bridge to the Keihan Railway Gion-Shijo Station. Take Osaka-bound Keihan train to Shichijo Station. Walk east along Shichijo Street about seven minutes.
Access by Car
- 20 minutes from Meishin Expressway "Kyoto Higashi IC" exit
- Mitsui Repark Kyoto Kokuritsu Hakubutsukan Mae
- There is a charge for parking. (Please see Mitsui Repark website above for details in Japanese. Maximum charge daily 800-1200 yen/day, subject to change without notice.)
Guests who enter the Kyoto National Museum (including garden only days and free days) may, upon presentation of their parking ticket, receive a voucher for 30-minute free parking.
- To receive a parking voucher, please present your parking ticket at the Information Counter (on the 1st floor of the Heisei Chishinkan Wing when museum galleries are open, or at the South Gate when museum galleries are closed).
- This parking discount is available only at Mitsui's Repark Kyoto Kokuritsu Hakubutsukan Mae, with entrance on Shichijo Street.
- Persons with disability certificates (Physical Disability Certificate, Rehabilitation Certificate, Mental Health and Welfare Certificate, War Victim's Certificate, Atomic Bomb Survivor Certificate) may receive a parking voucher of 2 hours from the time of entering the parking lot.
- Please do not line up on the street to wait for parking.
Bus Parking (Microbuses, Motorcoaches, etc.)
2,000 yen for the first 3 hours, thereafter 500 yen per 30 minutes
Number of Parking Spaces:
Advance reservations are required. Please call +81 (0)75-541-1151 to reserve by phone.
30 minutes before museum opening until museum closing